January 4, 2013

Float Viewing

As a kid, I spent many New Years Days with my mother watching the Rose Parade on TV and tearing down the Christmas tree. Every year we would do this, my mom would say, "Did you know that you can go see the floats the day after New Years? We should go one year." Well, I'm pleased to say that we finally went to see the floats! My Mom and I spent the morning looking at various floats and they were all spectacular. Every inch is covered with something live -- flowers, fruit, bark, seeds etc. The details were amazing. Here are some photos if you'd like to see...
The Cat in The Hat -- Bow tie made of Cranberries!
Disney's Cars 

If you've never done this and you live in Southern California, I highly recommend marking your calendar for January 2nd 2014. It was an unforgettable experience. More information on the Tournament of Roses can be found here. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...