January 10, 2013

Guilt-Free Milkshake

If you've got a never ending sweet tooth (like me), dieting can be a tricky battle. Heres my fix that I like to eat in between meals or as a meal replacement. Tastes like the real thing but it's actually good for you! To make, blend a hand full of ice cubes, half of a banana, a scoop full of peanut butter (or almond butter), your favorite protein powder (my favorites are Jay Robb or the vegan friendly Sun Warrior) and chocolate almond milk. 


Viola! You've got a chocolate milkshake that will make even the pickiest eaters say Yummmm! The benefits of almond milk is that it's super low in calories (even compared to non-fat milk). The protein powder makes the shake a complete meal -- providing nourishment for your muscles and giving you the energy you need to go about your day. 

A few additional tips: 

If you're on a regular workout routine, try a shake as an after workout snack. But, if you're trying to lose weight, a large shake can replace a meal. If you're calorie conscious consider original almond milk and skipping the peanut butter. 

Make sure you have a good protein powder like the ones I mentioned above -- a bad tasting protein powder will ruin the taste and a bad quality will ruin the health benefits.

Try adding a boost like aloe, greens or spirulina -- they won't affect the taste but they'll pack in some additional nutrients! 


1 comment:

  1. Sounds yummy! I will re-post on my site (if you don't mind...I always give credit!) Mom

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...