October 12, 2012

Strong is the New Skinny

Have you ever started a new workout regime only to discover that after a week or two you've actually GAINED weight? This seems like a bad thing, right? Wrong! I have clients (usually the "skinny" ones) who approach me all the time and say, "I've gained two pounds since I started this workout." While no one likes to gain weight , it's really not about the number on the scale, is it? It's about how we look and even more importantly, how we feel. 


People really don't believe me when I tell them how much I weigh (a lot). Most people know that muscle weighs more than fat. But, did you know that muscle also burns more calories than fat? Granted, most of us don't want to bulk up (me included), but trust me people, using five pound weights during your workout will not make you look like a body builder! However, heavier weights will burn more calories and change the shape of that body faster. Don't be afraid to build muscle and weigh MORE. In turn, you can EAT more. And lets be honest, who doesn't love to eat? 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...