October 3, 2012

Fall and the City

"Even before the first leaf falls, you can feel the seasons click. The air is crisp, the summer is gone. And for the first night in a long time, you need a blanket on your bed. It brings up other needs as well."
- Carrie Bradshaw, Sex and the City


Fall has arrived, and although there's still a heat wave blaring through LA, can you feel the change? I can. While I certainly don't need an extra blanket on my bed yet, yesterday, I got out of the shower and switched out my summer robe for my comfy winter robe - I needed the extra warmth! For some reason, this year,  not only is the weather changing, but so too are the things in my life.



 I've been contemplating a change in career path. Good friends and family are moving out of the state. Friends move-in together, some plan weddings, some even plan for a family, while others break-up.  For the first time in my life, I have no idea where I will be in six months from now. But that's the thing about change, just when you start to feel settled, here it comes again. And, just like the seasons, we have no control.  We better enjoy the ride.  


"Perhaps if we never veered off course we wouldn't fall in love, or have babies, or be who we are. After all, seasons change. So do cites. People come into your life and people go. But it's comforting to know that the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you're very lucky, a plane ride away." 
- Carrie Bradshaw, Sex and the City


PS. Don't you miss Carrie Bradshaw and her [sometimes] words of wisdom?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...